Excellent anatomical coverageWith its 20.5 x 20.5 cm (8.1 in) square flat-panel digital detector for EP procedures, Innova IGS 520 offers 38% greater coverage than 17.7 cm (7 in) square panels. It covers more anatomy, designed for fewer runs than smaller detectors, enabling efficient use of contrast and dose.
Superb image quality with high Detective Quantum Efficiency (DQE)The proprietary angiography flat-panel detector offers one of the industry’s highest ratings for Detective Quantum Efficiency (DQE), a parameter internationally acknowledged as an index of detector performance in contrast- and dose-limited imaging performed in clinical studies. High DQE enables better-quality images at the same dose, or the same quality image at a lower dose.
Lower dose by design
GE designs systems from the ground up with the tried and trusted GE imaging chain, optimized to provide the image clarity you need while helping you keep dose as low as possible. Our dose-reduction features empower you to easily optimize and personalize dose settings from the tableside, while maintaining clinical details you need to make well-informed decisions. But improving dose management takes a strategy – what we call the GE Blueprint. It includes low-dose imaging technologies for minimally invasive procedures, but also considers the people, culture and processes around them.
Simple, centralized, automated controls
Control your system and images with integrated, intuitive tableside controls. With simple menus, the Central touchscreen lets you control most system functions, configure the system, modify imaging parameters, control your large display monitor6, and manipulate advanced applications – all at the tableside. The comfortable, easy-to-grasp control knob makes it easy to pan the table, position the gantry, and perform procedures.
All-in-one large display monitorThe full-color 8 megapixel medical-grade large display lets you view multiple images from multiple sources. Get up to 120 customized layouts, easily changeable at tableside with the Central touchscreen. Zoom in comfortably without loss of detail or pixilation to get the clinical focus you need.
In clinical use, the results of the application of dose reduction techniques will vary depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location and clinical practice. The Interventional cardiologist, assisted by a physicist as necessary has to determine the appropriate settings for each specific clinical task.
2. PCI ASSIST refers to features of Innova IGS 520
3. Improvement vs. same test without PCI ASSIST option. IQ & visibility improvement is measured on Innova IGS530 with phantoms using various Plexiglas Thicknesses, acquisition parameters and the NEMA spoke wheel tool (ref 1), calculating the ratio of the contrast of the moving wires to the background noise level. The amount of Image Quality improvement related to PCI ASSIST depends on the acquisition parameters, clinical task, patient size, amount of motion in the image, anatomical location, and clinical practice. Ref1: A new tool for benchmarking cardiovascular fluoroscopes; S. Balter, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 94, No. 1–2 pp. 161–166 (2001)
4. Valve ASSIST 2 solution includes TAVI Analysis, HeartVision 2 and requires AW workstation with Volume Viewer, Volume Viewer Interventional. These applications are sold separately.
5. Ultrasound imaging is not included in Valve ASSIST 2
6. The U/S Image on the Large Display Monitor is for information. The primary display for U/S imaging is on the Ultrasound screen.